Welcome to the application (the “Application”) of NavPin. This Application is operated by the Robotics for all group (â€œR4Aâ€) and has been created to a) provide indoors localization and navigation functionality and b) to offer evacuation planning functionality, whether accessible to you via web, mobile app or other platform (our services, together with the Application, are the “Services”) by visitors and users of the Services (“you” and/or “your”).
Who we are
(R4A) Robotics 4 All
ISSEL (Intelligent Systems and Software Engineering Labgroup)
IPL (Information Processing Laboratory)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Campus
We will refer to this labgroup as “R4A”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”.
Our legal status under applicable data privacy laws
R4A is a data controller under the EU legislation. We comply with the GDPR 2016/679.
Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Application, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Application: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register for access to the Application or use certain Services.
The application requests access of the following sensors:
- GPS: This is used to track your location and decide whether you are near (or in) a supported site. The GPS coordinates are not stored in your phone, nor in any external infrastructure, since they are used real-time.
- Camera: The camera is used to on-demand scan for visual markers, in order to identify your location. No image is captured or stored in the device, and no image is being sent to any external infrastructure, since they are used real-time.
- Each time you request a new navigation route, your coordinates, along with the coordinates of the target are sent to our cloud infrastructure, where the path is generated. This information is stored for statistical reasons, and under no circumstances it contains personal information that can correlate the navigation route, or the location with the physical device.
We may store such information in our infrastructure or such in databases owned and maintained by R4A’s affiliates, agents or service providers, located in the European Union. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information on an anonymized and generalized basis to track, for example, the total number of users of our Services.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
By providing us with the information about you discussed above, you consent for us to use that information in the following ways:
- to include your anonymized data in publicly available aggregated statistics
- to use your anonymized data for scientific purposes (in research projects, scientific publications etc.)
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
R4A is a research group and data capturing and processing is done for scientific purposes.
Legal Requirements: R4A may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of R4A, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Services without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain NavPin Services.
Where and how we store your personal information
The information that we collect from you will be held in servers in the European Union.
Links to Other Web Sites
R4A takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free; any transmission is at your own risk. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to R4A via the Internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
EU data protection legislation gives EU citizens the right to access information held about you. You may also email us at email@example.com to request that we delete your personal information from our database. We may retain an anonymized copy of your measured data records for legitimate purposes (research and archive purposes).
You may contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org